Last time I posted, I was giddy with delight over receiving a publishing contract. Now, a month later, we are in the full swing of making this book a reality.
Currently, we are in the "editing phase." That means I sent the complete manuscript into my publisher after accepting the contract, and they passed it to the editing department. The editing department went through my novel with a fine-tooth comb, looking for spelling mistakes, punctuation issues, and grammar errors. All such instances (and there were more than a few, unfortunately ><) were noted in the document and sent back to me. Now the ball is in my court - it's my responsibility to go over every single page and either approve or disapprove the various changes the editing team has suggested. All to make sure that the story which will be put onto paper is the best and most accurate version of the tale I set out to tell.
So that's where we stand! I'll be working my way through the edited manuscript over the course of the next several weeks - hopefully by my next post, this part of the process will be completed and we will have moved on to the next phase!
Thank you again for your support and stay tuned for further updates!